Payroll Calculation Instructions
How to Complete and Attach the Payroll Calculation Worksheet to an Email.
Open the payroll calculation worksheet document in Excel. Entries to this worksheet can only be made in Column C for rows 5-27. Use Column B and C for rows 29-40 or non-excludable deductions.
1. Exemptions (cell C5) - Enter the number of exemptions for the employee. This number should agree to the number of exemptions entered in EnterpriseOne (Payroll and Financial Center).
2. Pay Cycle (cell C7) - Select from the drop down list.
3. Marital Status (cell C9) -Select from the drop down list.
4. Rate (cell C11) - Enter the rate of pay for the employee. Generally, this is an hourly rate for the services performed or total amount to be paid.
5. Units (cell C12) - Enter the number of hours for which you are requesting payment be made on this interim or a 1 if the amount in C11 is the total amount.
6. Add FIT (cell C13) - Only complete this field if the employee is requesting that additional Federal taxes be withheld. The amount entered should be the total additional dollars that the employee is requesting be withheld.
7. Add SIT (cell C14) - Only complete this field if the employee is requesting that additional State taxes be withheld. The amount entered should be the total additional dollars that the employee is requesting be withheld.
- % Withheld (cell C18) – This percentage should always be 4.8% unless you are a Judge, Teacher, or Patrolman, in which case the rate will change accordingly.
- DCP $ withheld (cell C19) – If the employee already has a Deferred Compensation account set up (DBA Code 1350, 1351, or 1352) enter the amount the employee would like to have placed into Deferred Compensation. If no account is set up, contact the State Employees Retirement office first.
- Descriptions for the tax exempt deductions are listed in Column B. Enter the dollar amount in Column C of the respective row. Enter dollar amounts for tax sheltered deductions beginning with cell B22 through C27.
- Other Non-sheltered deductions should be listed beginning with row 29 – enter the deduction in Column B and the amount in Column C.
- Based on entries made in Columns B and C the total payroll and net take home pay is calculated in Columns F and G.
- Please Do Not Make Changes to Columns F and G.
- Click File>Save As and then identify the location where you wish to save the document. Give each document you save a unique name; this might include the employee's name in the title of the document for easy future reference.
- Open a new email note and write any accompanying comments.
- Go to the toolbar on your email - Click File>Attach, find the location where you saved the document, double click on the file to be attached. The document should appear in your email note.
- Repeat these instructions to attach any other supporting documentation, such as an interim payroll worksheet.
- Send an email with attachment(s) to email@example.com. The words "Interim Payroll Request" should appear in the subject line.