Flexible Spending Accounts
ASIFlex is the vendor for both Dependent Care & Medical Flexible Spending Accounts
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) offer you a way to save money on your health care and/or dependent care expenses. The money you deposit into the spending accounts is deducted from your paycheck in equal amounts throughout the year before Federal and State income and FICA taxes are withheld, and most people save at least 25% on each dollar that is set aside through the FSA program. The State of Nebraska offers you two flexible spending accounts:
Health Care FSA
ACTIVE EMPLOYEE BENEFIT
The Health Care FSA reimburses you for eligible out-of-pocket health care expenses not covered by any health, dental or vision care plan you may have. You can set aside up to $2,750 per employee for the plan year (July 1, 2021, through June 30, 2022) in your Health Care FSA. The money you elect to contribute to the Health Care FSA is deposited into an account for you.
Dependent Care FSA
ACTIVE & TEMPORARY EMPLOYEE BENEFIT
Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts create a tax break for dependent care expenses (typically child care or day care expenses) that enable you to work. Learn more about our Dependent Care FSA.
*You must enroll each year to participate in the flexible spending accounts.*
2021-22 Plan Information
2020-21 Plan Information
- 2020-21 Flexible Spending Account Information - PDF
- New Eligible Expenses for HSA and FSA Funds - Video
2019-20 Plan Information
- ASIFlex website
- Log into your account here
- Eligible Expenses and Worksheet
- Medical FSA Overview - PDF
- Dependent Care FSA Overview - PDF
- ASI Flex Debit Card Application - PDF
- Claim Form - HTML
- Debit Card Q&A - HTML
- FSA Cardless Pay - PDF
- OTC Overview - PDF
- Medical Flexible Spending Debit Card - PDF
- Mobile App Flyer - PDF
- Helpful Videos - HTML
- This site contains information on coverage available to State employees who are eligible for insurance benefits.*
- The State of Nebraska offers comprehensive insurance benefits to permanent*, full-time employees. Part-time employees who work 20 or more hours are also eligible for insurance benefits. Participation in the State's insurance program is voluntary. The State contributes 79% of the health insurance premium, 100% of the basic life insurance coverage, and 100% of the Employee Assistance Program cost (for participating agencies). All other insurance plans are offered to employees at a group rate.
- Employees' contributions to the health and dental insurance plans are tax-sheltered under Internal Revenue Code 125. Anyone who participates in the health or dental insurance plans will pay their portion of the premium with before-tax dollars, which are automatically deducted from the employee's paycheck. The State also allows permanent employees to participate in two Flexible Spending Accounts, the Medical Reimbursement Account, and/or the Dependent Care Account. *
- As a State of Nebraska employee, you will have the opportunity to select from insurance benefits listed for your specific employee-group type.