Warrant Claims Process
- Claim Submitted to Risk Management. You must provide the original
warrant (check) number and the amount it was originally issued for. If
you do not have the warrant (check) number or amount and you are
filing the claim as a result of a letter from the State Treasurerís
Office or seeing your name in the newspaper please contact the State
Treasurerís office at 402-471-8497 to find out the warrant number
and amount. If you do not have the warrant (check) number or amount
and you are filing not as a result of a contact from the State
Treasurerís Office or the newspaper please contact the agency
originally issuing the payment to obtain this information.
for Uncashed Warrant
- If Claim is not notarized it is returned to the Claimant to be
notarized & resubmitted.
- Claim sent to agency originally issuing the warrant for
investigation and recommendation.
- Upon receipt of the agency recommendation by Risk Management, if the
claim is $5,000 or less the Risk Manager approves or denies. If claim
is over $5,000 it will be submitted to the Claims Board at the next
Claims Board hearing for the Boardís approval or denial.
- Upon approval a release is mailed to the Claimant to sign and return
to Risk Management.
- Upon receipt of the signed release, Risk Management creates an
address book entry in the Stateís accounting system, which then
allows payment to be made.
- Risk Management submits the payment information to the State
Treasurerís Office and the Treasurerís Office issues payment.