Administrative Services


Nebraska State Employees Workers' Compensation

Procedures for Filing a Claim

Work related injuries/illnesses should be reported within 24 hours of occurrence. State employees should inform his or her immediate supervisor of the incident. If the supervisor is unavailable, please report the injury/illness to Human Resources.  Your supervisor and/or Human Resources will then file a report. The employee may be required to complete agency specific forms regarding the work related injury/illness. Once the report has been filed, a First Report of Alleged Occupational Injury or Illness Form will be generated and a copy provided to the employee.

It is important that employees report all work related injuries and/or illness even though medical treatment was not sought.

Gallagher Bassett (“GB”) is a third-party administrator and is tasked with delivering claims administration and medical management services for the State of Nebraska’s workers’ compensation program. After a claim is filed, a Resolution Manager with GB will contact the injured worker to begin investigation of the claim.




Gallagher Bassett Services

10050 Regency Circle, Suite 300

Omaha, NE  68114

Phone:  402-972-4780

Fax:  402-972-4777

Web reporting: (For HR Representatives Only)


Please mail all medical bills and accompanying medical reports to:

Gallagher Bassett Services, Inc.

P.O. Box 2381

Clinton, IA 52733-2831

To Check Bill Status: 866-324-5585

All other correspondence should be sent direct to the handling unit located in Omaha, NE.


Additional information (including training documents) about the State's workers' compensation program may be found on Risk Management's SharePoint site. This site is for use by State of Nebraska agencies only.


Administrative Services | 1526 K Street, Lincoln, NE 68508 | 402-471-6500

Privacy Statement | Security Information | Acceptable/Intended Use Policy | Accessibility Policy

Contact Webmaster