Partnering with Agencies, our State Personnel Team is Transforming State Government to be the Employer of Choice.
Provide policies, programs, and services that promote the highest quality performance of State employees.
We will accomplish this by:
- Supplying accessible and understandable information regarding state vacancies and employment to applicants, employees, and the public.
- Recruiting, selecting, and advancing employees on the basis of their relative knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Furnishing or negotiating equitable and adequate compensation, benefits, and working conditions.
- Providing quality training to employees to ensure quality performance.
- Developing or negotiating fair procedures for retention of employees on the basis of the adequacy of their performance and for separating employees whose inadequate performance cannot be corrected.
- Ensuring the fair and equal treatment of applicants and employees in all aspects of personnel administration.
- Respecting and protecting the dignity, privacy, and constitutional rights of individuals without regard to political affiliation, race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, or religious creed.
- Complying with equal employment opportunity, non-discrimination, and affirmative action laws and requirements.