You can create item cross references by associating your internal numbers with those from other entities.
Examples of cross-referenced items are:
- Vendor item numbers – when vendors require their part number for orders or communications.
- Customer item numbers – when customers prefer to order with their part number (for Sales Order).
- Substitute items – when the item ordered has no quantity on hand.
- Replacement items – when you or your vendors discontinue an item and replace it with a new item.
- Bar codes – associates bar code input with specific item.
- Associated items – in Sales Order, recommend items as part of the sale.
Table of Contents