Recycling Activities & Materials
Activities for State Agencies
Recycling is good for Nebraska’s environment and its economy. The State of Nebraska is expanding its recycling program. If you work in any of the buildings listed below you can now recycle plastic, glass, aluminum and tin cans. All of these recyclable materials can be placed in one container.
- State Capitol
- State Office Building
- TSBC Building
- State Lab
- Crime Lab
- IMS Building
- Executive Building
- Ferguson Mansion
Mixed paper and cardboard must be kept separate and should continue to be recycled in your desk side recycling boxes and local cardboard collection containers.
If you have any questions about what can and what can not be recycled please contact the State Recycling Office at 402-471-2431.
How to recycle State Government Directories:
The spiral binding may be cut with scissors. However, we recomment the following procedure:
- Cut one of the bent ends from the plastic spiral binding.
- Grip the spiral binding from the opposite end and rotate it so as to "unscrew" the binding from the pages. (Because of the binding's flexibility, you may have to turn it from both ends, alternating from one to the other).
- Place the loose state directory pages in your recycling box, including the front and back covers.
- The spiral binding may be thrown away. Do not place the binding in your recycling box.
Recyclable Materials for State Agencies:
- Printing & Writing Paper-all colors
- Copy Paper
- Envelopes (with or without windows)
- Junk Mail Brochures
- Sticky Notes
- File Folders
- Telephone Directories
- Dry Cell Batteries
- Paper Shredding
- Scrap Metal
- Toner Cartridges
- Office Depot Catalogs
- Hard Bound Books
- #10 Steel Cans
- Aluminum Cans
Materials acceptable throughout Lincoln only. For all other materials and location information, contact the State Recycling Coordinator.