Calendar of Events:
Aug. 11-15, 2014
11:30 am - 1:30 pm
1526 Building - 2nd Floor
Aug. 17, 2014
Golf Tournament - State Patrol
Highlands Golf Course
Aug. 19, 2014
10 am - 1:30 pm
Bake Sale - Dept. of Revenue
NSOB - 301 Centennial Mall South, 2nd Floor Lobby
Bake Sale Flyer - PDF
Aug. 21, 22, 25 & 26
Office Golf Classic
11:30 am - 1:30 pm
Hot Diggety Dog Sale
3:00 - 4:00 pm
Ice Cream Social
Aug. 28-29, 2014
Tag Sale - Administrative Services
NSOB - 301 Centennial Mall South Main Level
Tag Sale Flyer - PDF
September 3, 2014
- Due date for pledge forms to be counted towards the Governor’s Charitable Giving Challenge
- Pledge forms need to be postmarked by August 29
- Pledge forms will be accepted after September 3 but will not count towards this year’s Challenge
September 19, 2014
2014 Charitable Giving Recognition Picnic
2014 Charitable Giving Campaign
August 4-29, 2014
The Nebraska State Employees Charitable Giving Campaign is the State’s official workplace giving campaign and provides state employees a meaningful opportunity to give back to their local communities.
Dollars raised by this campaign stay in Nebraska and have immediate impact on the lives of our family, friends, co-workers and neighbors.
Since 2003, through the generosity of state employees, this campaign has raised over $4 million dollars to support more than 400 charitable organizations throughout Nebraska.
This is an outstanding example of how state employees continue to serve the public beyond their jobs.
Your continued support allows these organizations to provide disaster relief, support community enhancement projects, educational programs, and offer needed aid for those suffering from chronic illness.
With your designation to United Way, you have the ability to change and improve the lives of individuals in your community. Your contribution stays local and United Way focuses on key community issues and makes a real difference in the lives of people in your community.
Everyone deserves opportunities to have a good life: quality education that leads to a stable job, enough income to support a family and good health. That is why United Way’s work is focused the building blocks for a good life. We are all connected and interdependent. We all win when a child succeeds in school, when families are financially stable and when people are healthy. Through the vital programs of our funded agencies, you can help children and youth achieve their potential, promote financial stability and independence and improve people’s health.
United Way’s goal is to create long lasting changes by addressing the underlying causes of these problems.
Living United means being part of the change. It takes everyone in the community working together to create a brighter future.
Change cannot happen without you.
For more information on United Way and their member agencies in your area, please go to www.liveunitedway.org.
- Growing Great Kids PDF
- Dani's Story PDF
- Midland's Stories PDF
- South Central's Stories PDF
- Read more stories...
- Raising funds for over 40 years in Nebraska focused 100% on health issues.
- Under partnership contracts with United Way in Omaha and Lincoln, CHC-NE receives a portion of donations given to the United Way Fund.
- Partnership of 21 health agencies working to improve health & wellness in NE
- Donations are used for patient & family support, advocacy, education & research.
- 100% of dollars designated go to full member agencies
- CHC-NE administrative costs are a low 5.2%.
- One in three Nebraskans will be diagnosed with a chronic illness this year.
- Community Services Fund connects donors to causes they care about most.
- Distributes funds based solely on donor designation, no allocations process.
- Independent federation of 48 member agencies.
- Member agencies celebrate the arts, protect our natural environment, provide health care to those who might not otherwise afford it, offer education and advocacy, and work to protect vulnerable children.
- Community Services Fund has been enhancing the quality of life in Nebraska for over 30 years.