ACTIVE & TEMPORARY EMPLOYEE BENEFIT
Health & Prescription Plans
You have four great plans to choose from. All health plan options are provided through UnitedHealthcare and offer both in-network and out-of-network coverage.
WellNebraska Health Plan
The WellNebraska Health Plan is a NEW plan option open to all State employees. Like our other plan options (the Regular Plan and the Consumer Focused Plan), the WellNebraska Health Plan offers comprehensive medical and pharmacy coverage at competitive prices. Note: below you will also find last year's Wellness Plan information for reference.
2018-19 Wellness Plan Information
- 2018-19 WellNebraska Health Plan with incentives Summary and Benefits of Coverage - PDF
- 2018-19 WellNebraska Health Plan without incentives Summary and Benefits of Coverage - PDF
- 2018-19 WellNebraska Plan Summary Plan Description - PDF
2017-18 WellNebraska Health Plan Information
- Introduction to WellNebraska Health Plan - PDF
- 2017-18 WellNebraska Plan Summary of Benefits & Coverage - PDF
- 2017-18 WellNebraska Plan Summary Plan Description - PDF
- UHC Claim Form - PDF
- Find a Doctor
- myNurseLine - PDF
- myUHC mobile App - PDF
- myHealthcare Cost Estimator - PDF
- UHC Discount Hearing Aid Program - PDF
- Health Insurance Marketplace Notice - PDF
- Virtual Visit - PDF
- This site contains information on coverage available to State employees who are eligible for insurance benefits.*
- The State of Nebraska offers comprehensive insurance benefits to permanent*, full-time employees. Part-time employees who work 20 or more hours are also eligible for insurance benefits. Participation in the State's insurance program is voluntary. The State contributes 79% of the health insurance premium, 100% of the basic life insurance coverage, and 100% of the Employee Assistance Program cost (for participating agencies). All other insurance plans are offered to employees at a group rate.
- Employees' contributions to the health and dental insurance plans are tax-sheltered under Internal Revenue Code 125. Anyone who participates in the health or dental insurance plans will pay their portion of the premium with before-tax dollars, which are automatically deducted from the employee's paycheck. The State also allows permanent employees to participate in two Flexible Spending Accounts, the Medical Reimbursement Account, and/or the Dependent Care Account. *
- As a State of Nebraska employee, you will have the opportunity to select from insurance benefits listed for your specific employee-group type.