ACTIVE EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
Employee Assistance Program
Deer Oaks EAP | 866.792.3616
The Employee Assistance Program (EAP), offers free, confidential counseling and referral services to help you and your family deal with issues that may be affecting your job performance or personal well-being. Counselors are trained to help with such issues as:
- marital or relationship concerns
- family or parent challenges
- substance abuse
- grief / depression
Not all State agencies have elected to provide EAP coverage for their employees. Please contact your agency Human Resource office to determine whether your agency is participating in the EAP.
When you contact the EAP, you’ll speak with a specialist who can help identify the issue, determine the most suitable type of assistance and work with you on a course of action. The EAP is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. All consultations and counseling are completely confidential.
Website Login Info
- Login/Password: SON
Gambling in the Workplace
- This site contains information on coverage available to State employees who are eligible for insurance benefits.*
- The State of Nebraska offers comprehensive insurance benefits to permanent*, full-time employees. Part-time employees who work 20 or more hours are also eligible for insurance benefits. Participation in the State's insurance program is voluntary. The State contributes 79% of the health insurance premium, 100% of the basic life insurance coverage, and 100% of the Employee Assistance Program cost (for participating agencies). All other insurance plans are offered to employees at a group rate.
- Employees' contributions to the health and dental insurance plans are tax-sheltered under Internal Revenue Code 125. Anyone who participates in the health or dental insurance plans will pay their portion of the premium with before-tax dollars, which are automatically deducted from the employee's paycheck. The State also allows permanent employees to participate in two Flexible Spending Accounts, the Medical Reimbursement Account, and/or the Dependent Care Account. *
- As a State of Nebraska employee, you will have the opportunity to select from insurance benefits listed for your specific employee-group type.