Purchasing Card Instructions
Procedures for Establishing a New Purchasing Card Account
I. Under Type of Request Indicate “New Account”
II. Indicate “Plastic” or “No Plastic”
- Plastic - a plastic card account is a 16-digit account number and expiration date printed on a plastic card and issued to an individual employee.
- No Plastic - a cardless account where a 16-digit account number and expiration date is issued to a cardholder who makes repetitious purchases where no plastic card is needed. Cardless accounts are limited to purchases that require only a card number such as purchases placed by mail, fax, Internet, or phone.
III. Complete all fields in the Card Information Section
- Full name to be embossed on the front of the card for a plastic account.
- NIS Address Book number is used for cardholder identification rather than Social Security Number.
- The Organization Name will be printed on the card.
- The address field should indicate the billing address where the cardholder’s Monthly Reconciliation Statement is to be mailed. The address can be the cardholder’s home address or work address.
- The Business Unit is a key piece of information that will be used as a default for the charges made on the card. The business unit is seven or eight digits. Note: The default object account is 539500 - Purchasing Card Suspense. This object must be attached to any Business Unit used as a purchasing card default.
- Monthly and single transaction credit limits will be set by default based on the type of card requested. Adjustments to those defaults would have to be requested through State Accounting.
- Business phone number with area code is required for reference by UMB Bank Customer Service.
- Home phone number with area code is optional.
IV. Complete required fields in the Authorization Section
- Agency Name
- Employee must sign and date
- Agency Coordinator must sign and date
V. Send a completed and signed form to AS State Account via email.