Interim Payroll Instructions
How to Complete and Attach an Interim Worksheet to an Email.
Effective Date: 11/14/13
Open the Interim Worksheet in Excel format.
- Employee Name
- Current Date
- Employee Address Book Number
- Gross Amount to be Paid
- Enter correct agency BU and object code
- Enter correct Pay Type for each BU
- Enter the number of hours for each Pay Type
- Enter the lump sum amount for each Pay Type
- Enter YES or NO for the question Process All Deductions
- List the Employee DBA’s and the dollar amount - be sure to include the DBA’s for the employee and employer.
- Detailed Reason for Interim is a very critical field! This explanation should be detailed enough so that State Accounting understands why this interim is necessary.
- Authorization - Type in the name of the person who is authorized to do emergency payroll checks.
- Click File>Save As and then identify the location where you wish to save the document. Give each document you save a unique name; this might include the employee's name in the title of the document for easy future reference.
- Open a new email note and write any accompanying comments.
- Go to the toolbar on your email - Click File>Attach, find the location where you saved the document, double click on the file to be attached. The document should appear in your email note.
- Repeat these instructions to attach any other supporting documentation, such as an interim payroll calculation worksheet.
- Send this email and attachment(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org . Use the subject line Interim Payroll.