ACTIVE EMPLOYEE BENEFIT ONLY
Proper vision care is an essential part of good health. Routine eye exams can help determine the need for prescription glasses, but can also help detect symptoms of serious conditions such as glaucoma, cataracts and diabetes.
When you use the services of providers who participate in the EyeMed Vision Care network, you generally pay a small copay and the plan pays the rest.
2016-17 Plan Information
- 2016-17 Vision Plan Information - PDF
- 2016-17 BASIC Plan Summary of Benefits - PDF
- BASIC Plan - Certificate of Coverage - PDF
- 2016-17 PREMIUM Plan Summary of Benefits - PDF
- PREMIUM Plan - Certificate of Coverage - PDF
2017-18 Plan Information
- These documents do not go into effect until July 1, 2017.
- 2017-18 Vision Plan Information - PDF
- 2017-18 BASIC Plan Summary of Benefits - PDF
- 2017-18 PREMIUM Plan Summary of Benefits - PDF
- Certificate of Coverage (Basic and Premium) - PDF
- EyeMed website
- Find a Provider
- Out of NetworkClaim Form - PDF
- Contacts Direct - PDF
- Progressive and Anti-Reflective Tier Classifications - 2017 - PDF
- This site contains information on coverage available to State employees who are eligible for insurance benefits.*
- The State of Nebraska offers comprehensive insurance benefits to permanent*, full-time employees. Part-time employees who work 20 or more hours are also eligible for insurance benefits. Participation in the State's insurance program is voluntary. The State contributes 79% of the health insurance premium, 100% of the basic life insurance coverage, and 100% of the Employee Assistance Program cost (for participating agencies). All other insurance plans are offered to employees at a group rate.
- Employees' contributions to the health and dental insurance plans are tax-sheltered under Internal Revenue Code 125. Anyone who participates in the health or dental insurance plans will pay their portion of the premium with before-tax dollars, which are automatically deducted from the employee's paycheck. The State also allows permanent employees to participate in two Flexible Spending Accounts, the Medical Reimbursement Account, and/or the Dependent Care Account. *
- As a State of Nebraska employee, you will have the opportunity to select from insurance benefits listed for your specific employee-group type.