Long-Term Disability Benefit
PROVIDER: MUTUAL OF OMAHA
Long-Term Disability (LTD) provides a tax-free monthly income benefit if you become disabled and are unable to work due to illness or injury. This benefit provides financial protection when you need it most. For all elimination periods, the LTD benefit will be 60%. Once you decide to enroll in the plan, your only decision will be to choose the length of the elimination period. There are four choices for the elimination period; 2, 3, 6 or 9 months.
Newly eligible employees can elect LTD coverage within the first 30 days of eligible employment. You are not required to submit evidence of good health if you enroll during your initial eligibility period.
If you do not elect LTD during the first 30 days, you will need to complete the Evidence of Insurability form. Coverage will not be in effect until you have been approved by Mutual of Omaha.
Your cost for coverage is based on the elimination period you choose, as well as your age and salary as of July 1 of each year.
2016-17 LTD Plan Information
- 2016-17 Long-Term Disability Information & Rates - PDF
- 2016-17 Certificate of Coverage - PDF
- 2016-17 Long-Term Disability Calculator
2017-18 LTD Plan Information
- These documents do not go into effect until July 1, 2017.
- 2017-18 Long-Term Disability Information & Rates - PDF
- 2017-18 Certificate of Coverage - PDF
- 2017-18 Long-Term Disability Calculator
- Group Disability Insurance-Evidence of Insurability Form - PDF
- LTD Claim Form - PDF
- LTD Portability Application - PDF
- This site contains information on coverage available to State employees who are eligible for insurance benefits.*
- The State of Nebraska offers comprehensive insurance benefits to permanent*, full-time employees. Part-time employees who work 20 or more hours are also eligible for insurance benefits. Participation in the State's insurance program is voluntary. The State contributes 79% of the health insurance premium, 100% of the basic life insurance coverage, and 100% of the Employee Assistance Program cost (for participating agencies). All other insurance plans are offered to employees at a group rate.
- Employees' contributions to the health and dental insurance plans are tax-sheltered under Internal Revenue Code 125. Anyone who participates in the health or dental insurance plans will pay their portion of the premium with before-tax dollars, which are automatically deducted from the employee's paycheck. The State also allows permanent employees to participate in two Flexible Spending Accounts, the Medical Reimbursement Account, and/or the Dependent Care Account. *
- As a State of Nebraska employee, you will have the opportunity to select from insurance benefits listed for your specific employee-group type.