ACTIVE & TEMPORARY EMPLOYEE BENEFIT
Health & Prescription Plans
You have four great plans to choose from. All health plan options are provided through UnitedHealthcare and offer both in-network and out-of-network coverage.
The Regular Plan offers the lowest premiums outside of the wellness plan and deductibles.
2016-17 Plan Information
- 2016-17 Quick Reference Guide - Health Insurance - PDF
- 2016-17 Regular Plan Summary of Benefits & Coverage - PDF
- 2016-17 Regular Plan Summary Plan Description - PDF
2017-18 Plan Information
- 2017-18 Regular Plan Summary of Benefits & Coverage - PDF
- 2017-18 Regular Plan Summary Plan Description - PDF
Health Care Tools
- This site contains information on coverage available to State employees who are eligible for insurance benefits.*
- The State of Nebraska offers comprehensive insurance benefits to permanent*, full-time employees. Part-time employees who work 20 or more hours are also eligible for insurance benefits. Participation in the State's insurance program is voluntary. The State contributes 79% of the health insurance premium, 100% of the basic life insurance coverage, and 100% of the Employee Assistance Program cost (for participating agencies). All other insurance plans are offered to employees at a group rate.
- Employees' contributions to the health and dental insurance plans are tax-sheltered under Internal Revenue Code 125. Anyone who participates in the health or dental insurance plans will pay their portion of the premium with before-tax dollars, which are automatically deducted from the employee's paycheck. The State also allows permanent employees to participate in two Flexible Spending Accounts, the Medical Reimbursement Account, and/or the Dependent Care Account. *
- As a State of Nebraska employee, you will have the opportunity to select from insurance benefits listed for your specific employee-group type.