ACTIVE & TEMPORARY EMPLOYEE BENEFIT
Health & Prescription Plans
You have four great plans to choose from. All health plan options are provided through UnitedHealthcare and offer both in-network and out-of-network coverage.
Your State of Nebraska pharmacy benefit offers flexibility and choice in finding the right medication for you. UnitedHealthcare is your new medical insurance provider and your new pharmacy benefit manager is OptumRx™. OptumRx™ is an affiliate of UnitedHealth Group. Our State of Nebraska pharmacy benefit administered by UnitedHealthcare offers flexibility and choice in finding the right medication for you.
2018-19 Pharmacy Plan Information
2017-18 Pharmacy Plan Information
- 2017-18 Pharmacy Benefits - PDF
- 2017-2018 Prescription Drug List effective July 1, 2017 - PDF
- 2017-2018 Prescription Drug List effective July 1, 2017 - Excel
- 2017-2018 Prescription Drug List effective January 1, 2018 - PDF
- 2017-2018 Prescription Drug List effective January 1, 2018 - Excel
- Medication Home Delivery Information and Signup Form - PDF
- New Prescription Mail-In Order Form - PDF
- This site contains information on coverage available to State employees who are eligible for insurance benefits.*
- The State of Nebraska offers comprehensive insurance benefits to permanent*, full-time employees. Part-time employees who work 20 or more hours are also eligible for insurance benefits. Participation in the State's insurance program is voluntary. The State contributes 79% of the health insurance premium, 100% of the basic life insurance coverage, and 100% of the Employee Assistance Program cost (for participating agencies). All other insurance plans are offered to employees at a group rate.
- Employees' contributions to the health and dental insurance plans are tax-sheltered under Internal Revenue Code 125. Anyone who participates in the health or dental insurance plans will pay their portion of the premium with before-tax dollars, which are automatically deducted from the employee's paycheck. The State also allows permanent employees to participate in two Flexible Spending Accounts, the Medical Reimbursement Account, and/or the Dependent Care Account. *
- As a State of Nebraska employee, you will have the opportunity to select from insurance benefits listed for your specific employee-group type.