ACTIVE & TEMPORARY EMPLOYEE BENEFIT
Health & Prescription Plans
You have four great plans to choose from. All health plan options are provided through UnitedHealthcare and offer both in-network and out-of-network coverage.
About Your Health Plans
The State of Nebraska offers you a comprehensive health insurance program which includes both medical and pharmacy benefits. Health insurance premiums include both medical and pharmacy benefits.
You have four great plans to choose from. All four health plan options are administered by UnitedHealthcare and includes both in-network and out-of-network coverage. New participants will receive an insurance card mailed to your home from UHC.
- 2018-19 Quick Reference Guide - PDF
- 2017-18 Quick Reference Guide - PDF
- 2016-17 Quick Reference Guide - PDF
- WellNebraska Health Plan
- Consumer Focused Health Plan (with Health Savings Account Eligibility)
- Regular Plan
- Health Plan Tiers - PDF
Adding New Dependents - Dependent Verification Process
Health Care Tools
- UHC Claim Form - PDF
- Find a Doctor
- myNurseLine - PDF
- myUHC mobile App - PDF
- myHealthcare Cost Estimator - PDF
- UHC Discount Hearing Aid Program - PDF
- Health Insurance Marketplace Notice - PDF
- Advocate for Me - PDF
- Virtual Visit - PDF
- This site contains information on coverage available to State employees who are eligible for insurance benefits.*
- The State of Nebraska offers comprehensive insurance benefits to permanent*, full-time employees. Part-time employees who work 20 or more hours are also eligible for insurance benefits. Participation in the State's insurance program is voluntary. The State contributes 79% of the health insurance premium, 100% of the basic life insurance coverage, and 100% of the Employee Assistance Program cost (for participating agencies). All other insurance plans are offered to employees at a group rate.
- Employees' contributions to the health and dental insurance plans are tax-sheltered under Internal Revenue Code 125. Anyone who participates in the health or dental insurance plans will pay their portion of the premium with before-tax dollars, which are automatically deducted from the employee's paycheck. The State also allows permanent employees to participate in two Flexible Spending Accounts, the Medical Reimbursement Account, and/or the Dependent Care Account. *
- As a State of Nebraska employee, you will have the opportunity to select from insurance benefits listed for your specific employee-group type.