ACTIVE & TEMPORARY EMPLOYEE BENEFIT
Regular, professional dental care is not only essential to good health, but it can also prevent serious and costly medical and/or dental problems. That’s why the dental benefit plan encourages you and your family to see a dentist regularly. The plan places special emphasis on preventive care, but also covers many other dental services you may need.
Whether or not you elect health coverage, you can choose dental coverage for yourself and your eligible dependents. The dental plan is a preferred provider organization (PPO) with a network of participating providers. You have the option of selecting dental care in- or out-of-network each time you receive dental care, but the plan pays the greatest benefit for care received from a provider in the Ameritas network.
2016-17 Plan Information
- 2016-17 Dental Plan Information - PDF
- 2016-17 Certificate of Coverage - Basic - PDF
- 2016-17 Certificate of Coverage - Premium - PDF
2017-18 Plan Information
- 2017-18 Dental Plan Information - PDF
- 2017-18 Certificate of Coverage - Basic - PDF
- 2017-18 Certificate of Coverage - Premium - PDF
- Claims Form
- Ameritas Group website
- Find a Dentist
- Dental Wellness - PDF
- Orthodontia Wellness - PDF
- Dental Emergencies - PDF
- This site contains information on coverage available to State employees who are eligible for insurance benefits.*
- The State of Nebraska offers comprehensive insurance benefits to permanent*, full-time employees. Part-time employees who work 20 or more hours are also eligible for insurance benefits. Participation in the State's insurance program is voluntary. The State contributes 79% of the health insurance premium, 100% of the basic life insurance coverage, and 100% of the Employee Assistance Program cost (for participating agencies). All other insurance plans are offered to employees at a group rate.
- Employees' contributions to the health and dental insurance plans are tax-sheltered under Internal Revenue Code 125. Anyone who participates in the health or dental insurance plans will pay their portion of the premium with before-tax dollars, which are automatically deducted from the employee's paycheck. The State also allows permanent employees to participate in two Flexible Spending Accounts, the Medical Reimbursement Account, and/or the Dependent Care Account. *
- As a State of Nebraska employee, you will have the opportunity to select from insurance benefits listed for your specific employee-group type.