Active Employee Benefits
The State of Nebraska provides a benefits package designed to meet the needs of its employees.
- Health & Prescriptions Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
Changes During the Year - Qualifying Events
2019-20 Plan Year
- 2019-20 Plan Year Options Guide PDF
- 2019-20 Open Enrollment Quick Reference Guide PDF
- 2019-20 Direct Primary Care (DPC) Reference Guide PDF
2018-19 Plan Year
Payroll Deduction Codes
- This site contains information on coverage available to State employees who are eligible for insurance benefits.*
- The State of Nebraska offers comprehensive insurance benefits to permanent*, full-time employees. Part-time employees who work 20 or more hours are also eligible for insurance benefits. Participation in the State's insurance program is voluntary. The State contributes 79% of the health insurance premium, 100% of the basic life insurance coverage, and 100% of the Employee Assistance Program cost (for participating agencies). All other insurance plans are offered to employees at a group rate.
- Employees' contributions to the health and dental insurance plans are tax-sheltered under Internal Revenue Code 125. Anyone who participates in the health or dental insurance plans will pay their portion of the premium with before-tax dollars, which are automatically deducted from the employee's paycheck. The State also allows permanent employees to participate in two Flexible Spending Accounts, the Medical Reimbursement Account, and/or the Dependent Care Account. *
- As a State of Nebraska employee, you will have the opportunity to select from insurance benefits listed for your specific employee-group type.